A thing about me: I go through cycles of being super productive and then totally dropping the ball
And right now the ball has dropped and I think it rolled under the couch and I don’t feel like going to get it because who knows what gross stuff is under there..?!
Really though, these past few weeks I feel like I’ve been in a serious second-semester slump, which is kinda bad considering I’m just a freshman…but I happen to be in a few classes I am really uninterested in (#GenEds) and they keep piling on the work even though finals is barely even a week away!
Bad time for minimum motivation and now maximum stress load
At times like these I tend to let myself forget about doing a lot of what makes me feel happy and healthy, and then it always comes back to bite me
(TMI example: the other night I was working on my school newspaper until 2:15 am and was so tired that I face planted right into bed when I came home without taking off my makeup. Woke up with a huge pimple! Take care of your skin people!)
I’ve also let myself completely forget about this blog and my journal for the time! It’s never good for me when I stop writing and that is something I know I need to start up again
It’s important to remember that the things that make you feel good are not a waste of time, and should NOT be prioritized below the other work because they affect each other
I’m sure there are plenty of other students feeling this slump and I hope you’ll join in on trying to get out of it to start this week totally fresh and ready to finish the semester happy and healthy!!
WE’RE IN THE TOGETHER
Another thing about me: I’m a list person. It helps me lay out things that I tend to put in the back of my mind during busy times, and gets me back on track
There are also A LOT of things that I look back on in this semester that make me think “wow I should write a blog post about this” and then I don’t because school and studying and excuses. I’m excited for this summer because I have a lot of new things planed for PB>ED and I’ll actually have time to put them together!
So uh, here’s some lists:
- PRE-BEDTIME ROUTINES!
- STILL MAKING SOME TIME FOR FRIENDS!
- SCHEDULING TIME FOR STUDYING!
- WORKING OUT IN THE MORNING SO I HAVE IT DONE!
- LISTS AND CAPITAL LETTERS TO EMPHASIS EVERYTHING
THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED!
- My friends and I went camping last weekend at Shawme-Crowell State Forest! It was the perfect stress-free getaway/procrastination from anything important in school.
Highly highly recommend to any college students to try going camping for the weekend because really anyone can do it! Trust me, we were all a mess with the planning and we still got it done
- On April 13th Active Minds UMass Chapter had our 2nd walk off stigma event to raise awareness and reduce stigmas surrounding mental illness
- I’m in Teen Vouge!! Read my submission about dealing with mental illness in college here: http://www.teenvogue.com/my-life/health/2014-04/mental-health-college
THINGS SOON TO COME FOR YOU! ((ON THIS BLOG!))
- Recipe roundups from this semester (including a breakfast roundup of deliciousness get pumped)
- Some of my favorite workout routines
- Ways to handle a bad body image day
- Learning how to meditate
A FEW RANDOM THINGS!
- My Tumblr remains more active when this blog is not (simply because it takes .3 seconds to hit the word “reblog”) I encourage you to follow me and you can always reach me there as well
- To the people that have sent me messages: thank you thank you thank you. All of you are strong, amazing, wonderful people and I love being able to talk to you. A few of you actually took me up on the offer to just ramble about your day and that made me super happy
- I’ve been following more and more health bloggers and getting creepily attached to their lives and then imagine how it excited I get when I realize some of them know each other and hang out with each other?! How do I be friends with you beautiful people!!?
- Quinoa + hummus + black beans + cucumbers = extremely happy lunch. That is all
Okay, time to get back to life and
punch Monday in the face tomorrow give Monday a hug and tell it its not its fault everyone hates it and it will be a wonderful day and I won’t panic about my finals coming up very very very soon